Early in DBA’s history of constructing work in Phoenix, Vulcan Materials Company became an important client. DBA crews have completed literally dozens of projects of all types and sizes at various Vulcan sites over the past 20 years and this year was no exception.
DBA crews recently completed a large earthwork project for Vulcan at their Avondale Pit site (Indian School Road & El Mirage Road) to establish a new Cell #5 at the landfill, part of a Land Reclamation Project. The project’s scope included:
- Mass excavation, removal and grading of 137,000 CY to create the new cell
- 52,000 SY of grading for the bottom and slopes of the new cell
- Excavation of 830 LF of anchor trench for liner burial
- 608 LF of 6″ diameter leachate pipe
- 260 LF of 6″ diameter side slope rise pipe
- 260 LF of 18″ diameter side slope rise pipe
- Construction of 3 concrete bollards
- Installation of pipe stands
This project was on the heels of another project we completed for Vulcan at their Dysart Road and Southern Avenue pit where DBA completed earthwork and drainage improvements by removing silt, installing new rip-rap and stabilizing an existing slope at the materials pit. A new roadway was also established along the top of the pit.