Statewide, AZ – Phase 1 replacements were completed along Interstate 10, Interstate 17, US-60, Arizona State Routes 101, 202, 143, and 87 for a total of 109 individual locations/work sites in Maricopa County. Phase 2 included the replacement at 33 separate work sites.
DBA’s scope of work included:
- Demolition of the existing BCT’s and their concrete foundations
- Removal of the demolished materials to a salvage yard
- Soil compaction
- Placement of aggregate base course
- Construction of the new Impact Attenuators
- Placement of new guardrail, concrete curb & gutter
- PCCP placement and asphaltic concrete friction course
- Signage & striping
The DBA Team developed a work sequencing plan at various sites that allowed the project to complete 39 days ahead of the original schedule.