Various Locations across Arizona – Since 2004, DBA has been providing heavy civil construction services for the Arizona mining industry both as a prime contractor and as a concrete subcontractor. Projects have varied in size from very small repairs to large pit operation erosion control. The following projects have been completed by DBA over the past 9 years and are examples of the expertise we provide to the industry.
- Safford Phase II Temporary Haul Road Bridge, Freeport-McMorRan—DBA provided construction of a temporary, steel deck bridge (1,650 SF) for heavy equipment working at the leach pad to span the mine’s existing conveyor system. Work included construction of the bridge abutments, the erection of the steel girders and bridge decking, and bridge barrier installation. Our scope also included the demolition and removal of the temporary bridge structure once the leach pad was fully constructed.
- Clarkdale Iron King Mine Concrete Headwall Inlet Structure & Thrust Blocks, Phelps Dodge —Complete construction of concrete headwall to support 48” dia. corrugated steel pipe in a trapezoidal shape (21’ at top to 5’ at bottom), install steel trash rack, and construct three thrust blocks at the pipe elbows.
- Klondyke Upper Tailing Pile, Erosion Protection, Bureau of Land Management—Responsible for the placement of 3,200 CY of gabion baskets and geo-textile fabric to assist with the prevention of tailing pile erosion into nearby streams and creeks. Additional work included roadway maintenance along Klondyke Road.
- Clifton Shotcrete, Phelps Dodge—Shotcrete application for tailing pile.
- Morenci Geology Building Parking Lot, Freeport-McMorRan—Project included potholing to identify existing utilities, surveying, grading and placement of PCCP for parking lot (approx. 1,585 SF), concrete roll curb & gutter.
- Various Projects, Mining Operations, Vulcan Materials—Since 2004, DBA has completed more than 25 task orders at Vulcan Materials sites. Projects include:
Concrete heavy equipment pad joint repair
Construction of a concrete hauling apron
24th Street facility screening
Indian School Road facility grading
Replacement of truck cleanout area concrete apron
24th Street facility west pit earthwork & install HDPE piping
Rio Salado scale house concrete pad replacement
Black Angus pit facility excavation (121,000 CY)
Rio Salado facility screening