Gila Valley Irrigation District, Safford, AZ – DBA was contracted directly by the Gila Valley Irrigation District to complete concrete canal repairs and replace existing concrete irrigation structures that were undersized for their flow capacity. DBA’s scope of work included:
- Diversion of water from the irrigation canal
- Dewatering the construction site
- Demolition of existing radial canal headgate structure
- Forming and constructing a new concrete headwall structure
- Installation of new steel radial gates
- Placement of 100 CY of grouted rip-rap
- Placement of newly reinforced concrete gate structure
Due to the requirements of the irrigation district, very tight tolerances were specified and properly inspected for the concrete mix.
Site earthwork was also included in DBA’s contract in the way of final grading to adjust the existing levees and return the site to its original condition. It was determined early on in the contract, that much of the existing material on-site was considered to be unstable. DBA was contracted to remove the unsuitable material and replace it.