Maricopa County, Arizona – The project included:
- Demolition of the existing bridge’s edges
- Complete widening construction of the bridge on both sides
- Concrete barriers and TRACC TL-3 Attenuating Crash Cushions at the barrier ends
- 4’ high chain link fencing
- Concrete drainage spillways
- Curb & gutter
- 2.5’ diameter drilled shafts with concrete caissons for the bridge’s substructure
Construction of the bridge approaches included roadway reconstruction and paving including subgrade preparation, placement of aggregate base course, and PCC paving.
Working together with the Maricopa County Department of Transportation and the local businesses to maintain access during construction, DBA presented a plan suggesting closing both shoulders and slow lanes at the same time. This allowed the team to work during the day and shortened the project’s duration while saving on traffic control costs.