Globe. AZ – The project entailed complete realignment/reconstruction and drainage improvements to over three miles of Six Shooter Canyon Road in Globe, Arizona from Icehouse Bridge to Eastern Arizona Community College.
DBA’s scope of work included:
- Earthwork including clearing, grubbing, and excavation
- Site preparation including subgrade rolling and compaction
- Placement of aggregate base course
- Placement of asphaltic concrete paving
- New curb, gutter & sidewalks
- Storm drain improvements including new storm drain pipe
- Catch basins and headwalls
- Placement of rip-rap in drainage ditches
- 5,000 LF of new 3-strand, smooth wire fence was installed
- Fenced water crossings and gates
- New cattle guards
- Install new signage, striping and guardrail
- Extensive SWPPP measures were included to protect the adjacent National Forest area
DBA offered several ideas to the client for adding value to the project including improvements to the storm drain system as designed and specifically for a rock fence/wall that delineated the public/private property line. At the beginning of the project, DBA discussed options with the client for providing certain materials that could lower the project’s overall cost. Working with the County, DBA was able to trim 15% from the original construction budget.