Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, Tonopah, Arizona – Projects have included large, complex ($9.1 million) new construction work, as well as small ($15,000) rehabilitation or repair work. Scope of work has included self-performing earthwork, concrete construction/installation, asphalt paving, underground utility work, soil cement, surveying, subcontractor/supplier coordination, and contract management.
- Elliot Road Construction Entrance—Grade existing roadway and drainage ditches, construct an at-grade railroad crossing, place 900 tons of ground-stabilized asphalt (GSA), and asphalt paving driving surface.
- Fiber Optic & Electrical Ductbanks—Remove portions of railroad track and embankment, excavate existing ductbank, install underground conduit, slurry backfill and compact. Rebuild embankment and replace railroad track.
- Emergency Spool Repair & Shotcrete Preparation—Excavate around large diameter pipe, install safety equipment, backfill/compact, grade, asphalt paving. Project was completed using 24/7 shifts during a 10-day water delivery outage.
- 210-acre Evaporation Pond—Remove and reconstruct pond embankments (3.2 mil CY), remove toe drain system, install 28” HDPE pipe, install four 8-foot diameter, 62-feet deep manholes, place soil cement, scarify and recompact pond floor, finish grade and plate pond floor, place LCRS piping, place free draining gravel, excavate and backfill anchor trench, grade and plate O&M roads.
- North Retaining Wall & South Channel Relocation—Construct concrete retaining wall, backfill behind the wall and cast half-barrier on top. Backfill south channel and excavate new channel at the 85-acre pond pump station.
- 85-Acre Make-up Water Pond—Remove sludge from the existing pond. In order to protect existing rubber membrane liner, DBA shop-fabricated a “squeegee” attachment for the Gannon tractor saving 4 months off the original schedule. Soil cement was placed and fine grading for the pond bottom.
- Water Reclamation Facility Paving—Demolish pavement surrounding water treatment plant, sludge silos, place ABC and asphalt paving for a new truck entrance and turnaround area.
- Railroad Spur Realignment—Earthwork, install 13 CMP culverts, move the existing railroad track, build new roadway with ramps to cross the rail spur and rip-rap along the embankment of the new roadway.