APS Redhawk Power Plant, Arlington, Arizona – DBA was contracted for various construction projects and repair work at APS’ Redhawk Power Plant near Arlington, Arizona.
One project scope required complete rehabilitation of their existing Brine Solids Drying Area (BSDA) Pond covering approximately 217,000 SF at the station. DBA was responsible for all elements of the project including:
- Earthwork including grading and drainage
- Rip-rap installation along the banks of the pond to mitigate erosion
- Excavation and backfill of the anchor trenches
- Collection trenches and sump areas
- Complete construction of the leachate collection system including:
- Installation of 16” HDPE pipe
- 8” pond removal pipe
- 4” leak collection pipe
- Concrete collar
APS increased the scope to include surveying, excavation, the placement of 4” HDPE leak detection pipe, a collection well, and complete reconstruction of the pond itself including the geotextile grid as a liner, placement of aggregate base course, sand and gravel layers for both the basin and the access road, and power supply foundations.