Mesa, Arizona – DBA’s scope of work included:
- Over-excavation and hauling of existing pavement in some areas
- Clearing & grubbing
- Grading and compaction
- Placement of ABC (6” thick)
- Roadway asphaltic concrete paving using a Superpave material (approximately 10,000 SY)
- Placement of rip-rap along the roadway shoulders to prevent erosion and enhance drainage during rain events
- Adjustments to water valve boxes and water meter boxe
- Relocation of some saguaro cacti, mailboxes, and existing lighting poles.
The project consisted of improvements to Plymouth Street from 78th to 80th Streets; 78th Street from Palm Lane to Plymouth; 79th Street from Plymouth to the cul-de-sac; 80th Street from Plymouth to Quenton Street; and Quenton Street from 80th Street to 80th Place. The project was located in an upscale housing development of East Mesa with large parcels and a very active neighborhood association. Careful consideration of working alongside and within private driveways and constant communication with the landowners and utility companies (Cox Communications, SRP, CenturyLink and the City’s water, sewer and gas departments) was extremely important. Some utility relocations were also required as part of this project.